Practice Policies at St Raphael’s
We ask patients to please review the following information. If you need assistance please inform a member of our team. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Practice Policies: Payments
- We aim to provide full information about the cost of dental work.
- We will discuss costs before treatment is undertaken.
- A list and explanation of NHS charges and our private fees are provided. You can find this on our website or in the waiting room.
- A written estimate and treatment plan will be provided for all patients requiring further dental treatment
- We offer flexible finance options.
- flexible options may be discussed with our treatment coordinator.
- You may pay for your dental care by cash, or credit/debit card.
- Please ask our receptionist for assistance if you are unsure of our payment policy.
- We ask people to pay a proportion of the total fees at each visit including a deposit prior to the commencement of treatment.
- For all NHS dental treatment patients will be asked to pay as each NHS charge band is completed.
- We ask for the full balance to be settled prior to the day of treatment completion of treatment.
Practice Policies: Parking
Out team kindly asks to please consider the needs of local residents when parking on the road side. We kindly ask patients to leave sufficient space for prams and wheelchair users.
Practice Policies: Prescriptions
Patients requesting prescriptions for pain relief and antibiotics are subject to a face to face assessment carried out by a dentist. We are also unable to provide patients with repeat prescriptions.
Practice Policies: Appointment times
We always endeavour to keep to set appointment times. However some dental care procedures can be complex in nature and often difficult to predict the required treatment times. We ask that you allow at least 1 hour after your appointment time before making any other appointments or commitments.
Practice Policies: Dental Recalls
We aim to remind patients when they are due for a routine check up. However it is the responsibility of the patient to ensure they contact the practice to arrange a routine appointment. We may not send out any further recall reminders following the initial reminder.
Practice Policies: Missed Appointments
We would be unable to see patients who fail to attend 2 dental appointments or cancel two dental appointments and provide less than 24 hours notice.
Practice Policies: Cold Sore and Flu
If you are suffering from cold, flu or notice cold sores please contact the practice. This would require us to rearrange any non emergency dental care. This helps to prevent the risk of infection spreading.
Practice Policies: Privacy
Please inform our staff if you wish to have a private discussion with any member of our dental team. We are happy to make arrangements for discussion a private room.
Practice Policies: Changes in details
If you have recently moved or changed your contact details please inform our reception. We send correspondence including referrals via the details we hold for you on our IT systems.
Practice Policies: Missed Appointments (Hygienist and Private)
We apply charges where patients miss a dental appointment with the hygienist or with the dentist if on a private basis.
Charges for missed dental appointments are £15.00 per 15 minutes. These are payable prior to booking any further appointments.